Oftentimes, a tabletop can come up a little short if the table is too bare, but filling a table can be expensive. Shannon does a great job tackling both of these issues right out of the gate by simply using cuttings from her yard as a tablerunner and houseplants as decorative tabletop filler. Cakestands make handy display pieces for simple, yet elegant loaves of bread which double as a part of the meal, and as decorative items too.
Layers! Notice the varied shapes, textures, and finishes. These simple touches add depth and warmth and just convey such a simple sweetness.
Hobnail, basketweave, wood, foliage, linen, rafia, and ropey textures. Sigh.
Collecting key vintage pieces adds so much to a setting or room, it's like adding instant personality. This vintage icemaker is perfect!
Small details like tied napkin rolls are a nice finishing touch on each place setting.
- Visit thrift shops, estate and yard sales to stock up on simple everyday items such as linens and glassware.
- Discount retailers such as TJMaxx are a great place to find a variety of tablerunners or placemats.
- Shop vintage marketsand antiques shops for great vintage vessels, baskets, flatware, glassware, and dishes. You'll truly be able to find pieces no one else has, which makes your decor even more special and showcases your personality.
- Shannon is the author of the Lady's Little Loves blog. You can find it here. She's also a regular visitor of The Farm Chicks Fair. You can read her post from this year's event here. And you can find her on Instagram here, where she shares beautiful images of her home along with darling D-I-Y's and lifestyle inspiration.
- Images: Urban Rose Photography
Stay-at-home mom, Serena Thompson, dreamed of creating a fun and happy little event to sell her vintage and handmade goods. In 2002, she and some friends held the first event in her neighbor’s barn. The sale became wildly popular and began attracting visitors from across the country and recognition in national magazines. Today the event fills the Spokane County Fairgrounds and features hundreds of creatively and carefully curated spaces filled with vintage and handmade goods. Many describe it as a bucket list event, magical, inspirational, and the best vintage & handmade fair in the country. Serena describes it as the happiest on earth.
MORE POSTS LIKE THIS
After a late spring and some seasonal road restrictions on concrete trucks, they were finally able to get in to our property and pour the final little slab in the mechanical room that was needed before the framing on the new house could begin. With the slab in place,...read more
A nice element for the Easter table is place cards to set at each person's seat, marking their spot at the table. Is it necessary? In most cases. no, but it sure adds another happy little touch to the table, and in this case, a bit of springtime whimsy with miniature...read more
I've had this idea for an Easter Basket Cake for a while now and on a recent trip to Target, some baskets in their Easter section caught my eye. I really liked that they had a diagonal weave and I immediately thought it would be a nice way to sort of modernize the...read more